Phosphatidylcholine - why it's called the "miracle molecule"
Phosphatidylcholine is a class of phospholipids called "essential phospholipids." Although the structure is somewhat similar to other phospholipids, there are some differences that have profound affects on the health and well-being of your body.
The most distinquishing physical characteristics between simple phospholipids and phosphatidylcholine are the choline head and the polyunsaturated essential fatty acid chains that make up the tail.
The Health Promoting Power of Essential Fatty Acids
Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are necessary fats that humans cannot synthesize There are two families of EFAs: Omega-3 and Omega-6. Without getting too technical, the chemical difference between Omega-3 and Omega-6 is determined by the position of the first double carbon bond as counted from the end of the chain. These fatty acids cannot be manufactured by the body and therefore must be included in the diet.
Some of the many benefits of Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are as follows:
- EFAs support the cardiovascular, reproductive, immune, and nervous systems.*
- EFAs are required to manufacture and repair cell membranes. This enables your cells to obtain optimum nutrition and expel harmful waste products.*
- EFAs produce prostaglandins, which support body functions such as heart rate, blood pressure, blood clotting, reproduction, and play a role in immune function by supporting the immune system.*
- EFAs are also needed for neural development and maturation of sensory systems.*
- Omega-3s are used in the formation of cell walls, making them supple and flexible, and supporting circulation and oxygen uptake with proper red blood cell flexibility and function.*
- Omega-3 supports the neurological nervous, circulatory, cardiovascular and endocrine systems.*
Representation of the phosphatidylcholine molecule showing the choline head attached to the phosphate group, which is attached to the triglyceride shoulder. Two polyunsaturated fatty acid chains are also connected to the triglyceride shoulder. (Not shown to scale).
The Vital Importance of Choline
Although humans synthesize choline in small amounts, the body does not produce a sufficient amount for its requirements. Most of the choline in the human body is located in phosphatidylcholine. Choline and the compounds derived from it serve many vital functions.*
- Choline is used in the synthesis structural components of all human cell membranes.*
- Choline-containing phospholipids, phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin are precursors for the intracellular messenger molecules diacylglycerol and ceramide.*
- Choline is used to make the cell signaling molecules, platelet activating factor (PAF) and sphingophosphorylcholine.*
- Choline is a precursor for an important neurotransmitter, involved in muscle control, memory, and many other functions.*
A few of the many health and life-enhancing benefits of "Smart" Lyposomal Nano-SpheresTM...
Your blood, liver, heart, other organs/glands and cells all over your body need and crave the Vitamin C and the phosphatidylcholine in "Smart" Lyposomal Nano-SpheresTM...
The liposomes used for Lypo-SphericTM Vitamin C are made from phospholipids extracted from soy lecithin are necessary for life. In fact, every one of the trillions of cells of your body would instantly disintegrate if it were not for phospholipids. It's the stuff all cell membranes are made of.
The class of phospholipids -phosphatidylcholine - we use are called "essential" phospholipids because the body needs them but cannot synthesize them.
For nearly 40 years, researchers have studied and reported the vast health and life benefits of "essential" phospholipids - or more precisely - polyunsaturated phosphatidylcholine (PC). The scope of these benefits is far beyond what can be expressed here because of very limited space, but there are thousands of published studies demonstrate that "essential" phospholipids, among many other things, can help:
- Improve and protect cell membranes in the blood, blood vessels, liver, heart, lungs, pancreas, brain and more*
- Transport fats consumed in the diet through the blood to tissues that require them.*
- Support blood flow and circulation*
- Support liver and kidney function*
- Support pancreatic function
- Support heart function*
- Boost immunity*
- Support memory*
- Support libido and sexual function*
BOTTOM LINE: Lypo-SphericTM Vitamin C provides the best of Vitamin C and phosphatidylcholine. Plus, no other oral delivery system can transport more undegraded, bio-available Vitamin C into your system -- nothing's even close!*
Read More - Lypo-Spheric Studies
Read More - Lypo-Spheric Soy Lecithin
Read More - Lypo-Spheric General Faq
*The descriptions, testimonials and information for this product are from the makers or manufacturer of the product. AllVitaminC.comis not the manufacturer or maker of any of the products sold. We do not make any claims or guarantees about them. Individual results of products may vary.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.